1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need pics of 90 burb/Meyers mount please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by k5blazer, Feb 25, 2005.

1. k5blazer

k5blazer Junior Member

Hello all,

I need some pics of a Meyers tube style mounting carton (part # 11625 I think) installed on an old body style 1990 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 (mine is a Suburban). The instructions I received from Meyers talk about removing 3 radiator support bolts from each side and I can't for the life of me figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The only 3 bolts that i could think of them talking about are the 3 bolts that hold the bumper on from each side (total of 6 bolts, will need 21mm socket). They are to the outside of the frame rail right at the front body mount. You will end up putting new bolts back in after you put the mount up into place and bolting through the tow hook bolt holes also if i remember right.
  3. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

My moms boyfriend put a Meyer plow on a 90 Suburban when they lived up here a few years ago. Ill email him about it. I remember him saying it was a royal pain that took all day.

But I agree, it is probably the bumper bolts. The bumper bolts onto the radiator support. You probably need to remove those bolts and run the bolts through the plow mount.
  4. k5blazer

k5blazer Junior Member

Thanks Crash and Wagonman, I appreciate the help. The bumper bolts make more sense, but i didn't want to start pulling the thing apart and find out I was wrong. Thanks again. Any and all input will help!
  5. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

I've got a '96 Tahoe that I just recently put a meyers mounting carton on. The instructions that came with it said the same thing. When I mounted it up, those 3 bolts had nothing to do with the bumper. I don't know if the framework changed from '90 - '96. If you want, I'll try and get under there & snap a few pics for you. I remember when mounting it, it was pretty straight forward. The only thing that I didn't like was the passenger side suppourt strap, drilling 1 hole into the frame.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

A 1990 Suburban should be the same frame as my truck (up front). The bumper doesn't mount to the rad support, it has four brackets. Two are angles that slope back to the frame about a foot back, the others are on top of the frame rails right up front. I had to modify the stuff severely to raise it to match my 3" body lift, so I remember how it went. The rad support has two main bolts to the frame, the rest ties into the bumper filler panel, fenders and inner fenders.

My bumper was off when I installed the plow mount, so mine went straight in. (NOT Meyer) I can't see them mounting that much different.

Then again, the instructions for changing the tranny in my brothers truck call for pulling the body off the frame. Since it's been in and out over a dozen times total and has yet to touch a body mount, I'd say the instructions are often overkill.
  7. k5blazer

k5blazer Junior Member

Thanks guys, I think I'll pull the bumper and have at it. Thanks again.