1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need pic on how u set up ur controls on ur stick shift HELP PLEASEEEEEE

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by a pro cut, Oct 8, 2009.

1. a pro cut

a pro cut Junior Member

i have a 99 dodge cummins 5 speed stick shift and i am trying to find some ideas on how people mount there controls and still be able to shift at the same time please helpppp

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i don't have any pics because i had sticks a long time ago but i made an L shaped bracket fastened to the toggle switch plate( this was a meyer plow) and i use a worm clamp to fasten it to the gear shift ..it always worked great..easily shift whlie you operate controls, i was too lazy to remove the shifter shaft and tack weld the controls to it
    steve

3. a pro cut

a pro cut Junior Member

thanks ya my plow is a meyer to but is not switches its like a 2x2 box with up down right left buttons

4. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

ya thats the touchpad id recomend swapping it out to a joystick ill see if i can find a pic

5. a pro cut

a pro cut Junior Member

ya that be nice if u could find me one thanks this is my first year plowing so dont know muc about them yet

6. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

7. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I just hang on to the Boss hand held joystick in my big ol hands while I shift and throw it on my lap when I am backing up a long way. Grab and repeat all night long!

8. a pro cut

a pro cut Junior Member

thanks ill have to check out this weekend when i install it and ya i got small hands nate lol wouldnt work for me