1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need parts help

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by gcdodge, Nov 24, 2008.

1. gcdodge

gcdodge Junior Member
    from indiana

I just bought a used 29 series poly 2 point hook up.Plow came with lights controller and 1 funky looking truck mount guy said it came off a hummer. I need the all the truck side wireing & either a new mount or a way use parts of this mount I talked to a dealer he said sno way never made a hummer mount I cant find any numers on this thing to cross reference part numbers. Is there a way I can use this center piece & just get the frame mounts I am putting it on a 2001 dodge 2500. The center piece measures 34 3/4 from outside frame to outside frame. There has to be a way i can use this some how. dealer said im looking at close to 350 in just all the wireing & brian to make it work. this could get pretty costly to just put it on the truck if i have to spen another 600 or so on a mount too. any help would be very appreciated -----thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have pictures. if it was on a Hummer they might have jimmied a Chevy mount on to begin with.

3. gcdodge

gcdodge Junior Member
    from indiana

I can get pictures of the mount I was looking at it last night and it has to be fabricated none of the holes that would mount to the frame are drilled the were cut with a torch is there a way i could find out if the center piece will work for my truck i have looked all over this thing for part #'s its been repainted so all i can do is measure it. Also does can any body tell me exaxtally what I need for the truck side to make this thing work. thanks again guys

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buy a new mount. Getting the center member to work is iffy at best.

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yeah a new mount would be best... if it was off a hummer it is a custom mount cause there is no mount for a hummer

6. gcdodge

gcdodge Junior Member
    from indiana

What kind of money am i looking at to get everevy thing for the truckside wireing & mount. I reall y like this plow but if its going to cost a fortune to get it hooked up I may have to look at other options. The truck is setup for a western right unimount right now so Im already doing everything over again. Ive wanted 1 of these things plows since the 1st time I saw 1. Used parts for these are not as abundant as they are for the westerns or boss plows so it looks like i may have to buy every thing new. I have called 5 dealers and have gotten different prices from each 1. I downloades the books and looked up the part #'s so i knew what I needed. Why is there so much of a price difference betwenn dealers?

7. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

It sounds like you have your answer on price if you called (5) Sno-Way retailers. Sno-Way does not establish retail pricing, each individual retailer determines their selling price based on local market dynamics. As with any industry, different companies work on different profit margin calculations. The snow plow industry and our retailer network are no different.

Thank you for purchasing the Sno-Way Snow Plow, I spoke with the gentleman that you purchased it from last week. Once you get it hooked up, I know that you will be thrilled with it.

Oh and the others were correct, Sno-Way (nor any other plow manufacturer that I am aware of, has ever offered plow mounts for the Hummer's. Not enough front GAWR to carry the plow.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

8. gcdodge

gcdodge Junior Member
    from indiana

Thanks for the help guy I finally found all my parts I needed to make it work. Almost have it all hooked up & ready to roll. Have a question about the fuse link box. I have the plastic box cable to battery & cable to plow power supply but There is no waty to transfer power from 1 wire to another am I short something. I looked in the parts book and I cant tell. There is no fuse that I can see or do I just wire plow directly to the battery??

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

10. gcdodge

gcdodge Junior Member
    from indiana

It looks like I am missing part #96109142 the 250 amp fuse if that goes inside part #96109143.Thanks I will call the dealer. Does all that come as a kit or is each piece seperate. I got plow to work by wireing it direct to battery but thats probally not a good idea to run like that all the time.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There is a " bag power harness parts" # 96105167 that contains everything you needed.

but now you just need the fuse;)