1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ratherbfishin, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

O'k...so I think I have settled on a Fisher,mostly because of dealer location.The other local dealer used to have Diamond (which my other trucks have) but he switched his line to snowdogg (not thrilled about).

Being old school,I was set on a 8.5 HD blade.The dealer has me just about talked into a v blade.
    I am a little apprehensive about the V with all the extra moving parts,high cost of cutting edges,etc.I need some actual user experience before I pull the trigger! Is the V worth it?Is it a breakdown/maintenance nightmare?

If I end up going straight blade is the X blade worth the extra $$$ over the HD blade?

Also,is the extra 5-600 bucks worth it to go stainless?

BTW,GMC 2500 plowing parking lots largest being acre+,smallest 1/4 acre

2. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Not alot of expirence with V plows to give my .02 but I'm gonna sit back and learn from this thread.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Pull the trigger. You will love the V blade once you use one. It custs down my time on lots by about 25%. So when you figure out the extra costs of cutting edges, and extra moving parts, you still come out way ahead of the game.

4. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

O'K...so it seems like the V is the answer.Is the stainless worth the extra $$$ or just a waste of money?

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

how long are you keeping it....is what i would be asking myself....stainless is less maintance

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thumbs Up X2