1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need opinions on new skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by maximus44, Oct 1, 2008.

1. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

Hey guys, I was SET on buying a new Gehl 7810E($ 52,000,99hp cummins with cab/heat/hi-flow,2 speed,joystick) till now.Just got a quote from my local DEERE dealer. Equally equipped machine(332) with a 100 inch bucket :$41,000 ,91hp.
    What do u guys think?

2. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

Those prices are outrageous. The way things are in construction I'd bet you could find a very nice slightly used machine for around $20,000. Just my opinion.

3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Agreed! I just had a friend buy a Cat don't recal the actual number but it was a 82hp machine with I want to say about 500 hrs on it for about 20K

4. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

Maximus The Deere sounds like a much better deal than the Gehl. The Deere is going to hold its value better than the Gehl. I run Cat skidloaders and really like them. As far as new vs used there is a lot to consider. If one is planning on financing there is alot of 0% programs and rebates on new machines.

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i dont know how things are here but we are getting work because we are the only one to call them back

the Deere is a great machine but i dont think it is quite as big as the Gehl but i doubt you need it that big the Gehl hold there value quite well honestly i was kinda disappointed in the value of my used DEERE but for that price difference i dont think you can beat the Deere

6. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

Here around Chicago the housing construction and concrete work has hit the skids pretty good this year.

7. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

thanks guys.
    But do u think the 99hp Gehl will out perform the 91hp Deere,as far as snow is concerned?
    If I was gonna put a 12ft pusher on th Deere,could I have put a 14ft on the Gehl?
    Does the $18,000 difference make up for the possible short commings of the Deere?
    As far as Financing,they all offer 0% for 40 moths.
    Seems like a pretty good deal,no?

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

will you get $18,000 more use out of it in snow? NO

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The Gehl won't push the 14ft and the Deere will barely push the 12 ft. JMO What dealers are you getting your prices from?

10. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

I agree with JD. I think you will be better served w/ a 10' pusher on either machine. I think you will lose traction trying to run a 12' or 14' on either machine.

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

ive run older loaders that wont even push a 14. thats asking alot out of any skid steer

12. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

Hi JD DAVE.
    Got my pricing from the Deere dealer on king rd (Nobleton Farm) between hwy27 and hwy 50.
    Do you have any suggestions?
    As for the size of the pusher,i will definitely take your(all you guys)advice and put a 10ft pusher on.
    could I put a lower profile pusher on to get more lenght?