1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need opinion

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by clark lawn, Nov 27, 2007.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i currently have a 1997 F350 dump 4x2 witha 5.8. i got the truck 2 years ago from a company that went out of biz.(construction) anyway i am starting to have some bigger thing go wrong with it and it will cost me about 2500-3000 to repiar everything. at that point i will have about 8k invested in the truck. cab and body are solid trans was new when i bought it. i have looked and to find anything that doesnt need about the same amount of work im looking at 15k-18k. should i fix this one up or sell it and get a newer one.im leaning more toward fixing this up and run it another year or 2.

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Its cheaper to keep it then to have a payment.You cant do any of the work yourself? To save some money. I just did my head gaskets myself and saved 2000.00.

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

that is doing the work myself i used to be a truck mechanic so i can do it all. can probably get away with about 1800-2000 in parts. only thing i was going to take anywhere was to get the exhaust done.

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

you must have some major repairs for those cost what is wrong with her ? if the truck makes you alot of money i'd keep it

5. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Dude you know its a turd, get rid of it. I'll give you 50 bucks.

After I get done with leaves (who knows when that is!) I'll come help work on it if you want.