1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need opinion

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Doug Price, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Doug Price

Doug Price Member
    from Ohio

So getting a truck this summer and want to go with a diesel. Either an F350 or 3500HD. Not sure which would be better, buying it for landscaping use, putting a 9'2 Boss V XT on it. Help me out boys. What are your thoughts.

2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

If you are not going new (2011) I would get a Ford with a plow package, it will hold the weight without any front end modifications. If you are getting a new truck GM now offers a plow prep package on there diesels also but you will still probably have to get Timbrens and a leveling kit or turn up the torsion bars. Thats the reason I liked Ford because I didn't have to modify what is supposed to be a truck built for work. I'm not trying to start any brand wars I just think when you are buying a heavy duty work truck it should come ready to work, not after one or several modifications.

3. Doug Price

Doug Price Member
    from Ohio

Will probably be an 09 or 10. I agree completely.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

My thought is you should have posted a picture.

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I have a 2010 and although I only have 10K miles on it, I have been really impressed with it. We farm and it has pulled everything i've put behind it with no problem. The one thing that GM has over Ford is ride comfort and to me that was a non issue. I had a 2009 Duramax and I really liked the truck but didn't like the soft suspension and low ground clearance.

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

The 08-10 fords are a GREAT TRUCK, not knocking the gm's but we love our two 09's.
    Robert

7. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

chevy doesnt make their diesel or prized transmission....

ford does for both
    ford= plow prep

chevy= plow sag

8. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

GM does not have a plow package on their trucks with diesel in either crew or extended cab. Only the regular cab diesel trucks have a plow package. Both trucks and engines are good, but I like the Ford.