1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need opinion on price

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 78K20, Jul 15, 2008.

1. 78K20

78K20 Member
    from WV

I am looking at buying a dealership 2007 chevy crew cab short box Dmax 4x4, with 37K, its the LT package nothing fancy besides power windows, They are asking 35k, 40k out the door this is after trading my jeep for $4500, The truck books for 32K in great condition, Its just the truck ive been looking, what should i offer back they said that was the best they can do but its ridiculous if u ask me, thanks for any input

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

that is ridiculous. where the hell is the extra $5k coming from for the "out the door" price. tax is roughly over $2k, i cant see another $3k in fees ?? anyways i would start out offering somewhere around $29,500.....if this is the truck you really want. shoot them an offer and wait another month, if they still have it they will want to dump it.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I thought the LT package was a loaded truck. Mine is a LT and I have everything but sunroof, DVD and Nav.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

^^ Thats what I thoguht too (I have a loaded 2000 LT), but Chevy apparently changed LT from top of the line leather interior to bottom of the line work truck. The top is now LTZ.

To the original poster, none of this makes any sense to me...the truck is worth $32k book value and after you figure your trade the price goes up 8 grand? This is not the best they can do by a long shot...unless they're the only dealer in the USA not being affected by the economy and they're moving lots of fuel chugging trucks. Offer $27-29k for the truck, no trade, no taxes, no nothing except the cost of the truck.

Never ever negotiate the whole package at once. Your tradein value has no bearing on the price of the truck...negotiate the cost of the truck first, then the value of your trade second.

6. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

the truck is worth 32k. that wholesale value. the dealer is prob going to try to sell it for atleast 35-40. if u can get it for 30k u are gonna be ahead of the game. the dealers are trying to get rid of the trucks. i got my 07 avalache ltz 4x4 for 22k, 24k out the door. my truck is worth 29k mim. wholesale value.

7. 78K20

78K20 Member
    from WV

Thanks for all the help guys, I bought an 06 exactly the same mileage color etc..for 27K, had to drve a long way but it was definately worth it :D

8. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Yeah for 35,000 I could have gotten alot more, probably a dump body with a plow, but there is nothing in this area where I am, plus I got to save my money an pay bills.

9. tha_lildude

tha_lildude Member

i got it on paper i could have walked out with a 2500, plow prep package, locking differential, running boards, bed liner, crew cab short bed, msrp approx 37,500 for 27,500. without 0 percent financing, thats if i was to get my own financing. about 60 miles on the truck brand new 2008. this is anchorage alaska. i didnt because i am really unsure of what truck i really want. i may go back and end up buying this truck but i think i need something about 7 grand cheaper and maybe a 2005 or something. not sure.