1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need opinion from scoop plow guys

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by green frog, Mar 10, 2008.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I have a western 7.5 pro plus plow on my 1995 f250. I have 4 commercial accounts that take 30-45 minutes plus 15 residential accounts. Will this plow do ok back dragging the residentials? I am looking to speed things up and I figure the scoop would save at least 10-15 min on commercials. Just can't loose res. because they pay well.

2. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Green, trust me on this one. You will absolutely be changing your pants when you see how much snow the scoop contains and how quick it is. Plus, you can stack the snow 2 feet higher. Our last snow fall (about 6 in.) I was out pushing a 9.2 boss v-plow with an 8ft. scoop by at least 25% faster.
    Because of the 20 degree fixed angles, which is what makes this plow contain the snow much much better, you can't get as close to a curb like you can with a straight blade, but in alot of cases you can run the curb first. It still back drags as good as any other plow out there, other than the HINIKER
    C-Plow, which i have one of those with the side cutters on, and that baby moves alot of snow also.
    not as much as the scoop though.......nothing does except loader box blades. Good Luck with your choice.

3. torquet

torquet Junior Member

mine backdrags good. It is for sale too!

4. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

The Hiniker Scoop plow will work excellent for plowing, back dragging is a little lax, you will lose more snow off the outside edges but still will work. Back dragging with a scoop plow is minimal. but overall, the plow will out perform anything out there

5. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

I am thinking about going with either a Western Wide Out or the Hiniker 8 (or 9) foot scoop on an 08 2500 Chevy HD. I have a 7.5 Hiniker that doesn't stack near as well as my 8 foot Westerns do. Does anyone have any experience on that? Money is not the problem, I just want what's gonna do the best job.

6. torquet

torquet Junior Member

I didn't have any problem stacking with my scoop. It is pretty fast too.

7. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

i have a 8 ft scoop hiniker plow . i can stack snow any where from 6 to 8 ft high with mine . i have also out plowed the other brands . hiniker is rated the best for me . had not had no breakdowns . i'm the only one that has the hiniker in my county .

8. ernest

ernest Member

plow

How old & how much are you selling it for ? Whats your #

9. ultimatetrucks

ultimatetrucks Junior Member

He sold it a month or so ago.