1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need new tires ???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by garleness, Nov 26, 2008.

1. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

I Need to get a set of new tires for my 2006 f250 superduty supercrew 4x4 diesel the size is 265 70 R17 , I live in Ontario, Canada . It came with bf gs but im not to happy with the wear its even just to fast. truck only has 50 000. km , I wanted a set of mich Ltx because i also pull a 30 ft fifth wheel trailer. But they are not availible in my size they sell a ltx at2 but i only have one guy that owns them and he says they are crap. They have to have an E load rating. any help would be apprieciated

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I have been very happy with toyos. I run the e rated open country HTs. Get lots of wear and we use them all year round.. Where abouts you located. CObourg ON here.

3. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Im located in flamborough ontario, or amalgmated name Hamilton.

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Im in Flamborough aswell!! Try Dream Tire in Burlington. I got Nitto Terra Grapplers which for the price have been amazing. 285, 75, R16's for $185 installed. You could also try their Dura Grapplers, but dont go with the Mud or Dune grapplers as they will suck in snow. http://www.nittotire.com/ Could also go with some Blizzacks if you have summer/winter rims.

Cheers
    Jeff

5. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Thanks Jeff I figured you were up this way. I see your truck at the shop. (discovery ford), I work in the main shop. Are you happy with the tires or just satisfied. I pull a fifth wheel in the summer time. I tried dream tire your the second person to recommend them. They wont return my call. The last time we called he said the only time we call is when we need something. ( I thought that was the pupose of being a retail business. )

Thanks for the reply Mike

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

Yea just had it there yesterday for a no start, stupid CAM sensor went. The guys are dreamtire are really busy so it all depends who you talk to, I deal with the father Richard, hes usually pretty good. I do like the nittos, they run quiet, I feel they do wear a bit quick, probably 60,000 KM max, but for the price that's fine with me. Winter traction is probably a 7/10, they don't have a whole ton of really fine sipping where the blizzaks do much better with it. The problem I find with blizzaks though is you really need to be on the ball about getting them off when it warms up, any delay and they wear like hell. Ill post up some other tires you can look at a little later.

Cheers

7. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

if you go on the dieselstop.com youll see a lot of ford guys swear by the goodyear silent armors

i have goodyear mt/r and theyre a little noisy but super agressive but have a d load range

the silent armors have an E load range, which if youre plowing or have a spreader would be the way to go

only a few oversized/agressive tread tires have the heavy load range

good luck