1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need New Shocks, Oppinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mike 97 SS, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

OK i posted this in the snow plowing section and was told to put it here too maybe it will get some exra feedback. I have a 1992 Chevy 1500 series pick up 4x4 350 motor, auto regular cab shortbed with 7 1/2ft Western uni mount pro plow. One of the front shocks is blown and they are original anyway as well as the back ones. I want to replace all 4 and want to put something good in there, but i odnt want a hard ride. I wanna keep the nice Chevy ride, what i want to know is should i just put back OEM parts or do you guys reccomend something else? Price isnt really a concern, but obviously im not gonna spend some rediculous amount for a set of shocks. I can just get some Monroes at my local auto parts store where im well known and get a good deal, but are they good enough? Should i get something better somewhere else? Im not gonna change them till i hear what some of you guys have to say, so please, everyone give their thoughts who has changed shocks on their trucks before and tell me what you think. I appreciate the help, Mike

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

No need to reply to this guys, i got some answers in the snowplow section and the truck is finished, put new ones in today. Mike:drinkup: :waving: