1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need new plow need opinions!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by qualitylawn, May 31, 2009.

1. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

I have a 09 dodge 2500 4x4 diesel same as the 06 and 07 im sure. Im wanting a 8 ft. Plow straight blade. Maybe boss western meyer what do you recomend? Does anyone have a plow on a truck like this? Im wanting something that doesnt require any frame drilling thanks for your help!

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Check the Dodge forum and also read the plow mfg forums for advice but dealer support and service is more important then brand.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Bingo! Hydro nailed it. Buy what's popular in your area. Around here it's probably 80% Fisher (They're made in our county), Some Boss and Meyer, a few Blizzard. I've never seen a Western, Curtis, or Snoway. I run Fisher for a couple reasons. Good reputation, built locally, trip edge, and, most importantly, my dealer has been fantastic. All the parts on the shelf, 20 years experience, and full metal fab shop. I would buy from a plow dealer, as opposed to an auto dealer that installs plows. If you've got some options for brand, talk to guys. When you see a truck with push plates, ask them how they like the plow, where they got it, service, etc. Do some reading here and see what comments and problems people are having. Each major brand has it's own forum.

Any particular reason you're opposed to frame drilling?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Most of the mounts are designed with as few holes to be drilled as possible. The truck builders do not like us drilling their new light weight high alloy frames.

But instead of the hole drilling issue you should concerned with finding the dealer that can offer you the service and parts support you might need. Beware of the broker who only has minimal parts and service inventory. Find a dealer that stocks or you'll be watching the snow fall while you are waiting for them to get what you need to continue working.

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Here you go!
    8' Diamond with the EZ mount Classic, Remanufactured E60H, brand new cutting edge, new light modules, new wiring for the truck side, touch pad controls and the 05-09 Dodge 2500 mounts $2650 Firm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]