1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need New or Used Truck..

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PowerWagon, Dec 28, 2009.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

My old power wagon is out.. so it's going sit too much things on needs repaired..

only problem is making an paymet on an used truck and I see alot those trucks Dodge and Chevy are high miles 100,000 or more want ones that are 3/4 ton or more.

what's your in put on getting an truck that is over 100,000 miles? it worrys me there be down time on those. and prices some places are HIGH.. loan be around 400 600 month..

I could put my NorthMan plow on truck.. this plow still good and rust free.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try searching the Internet. It helps if you have cash. If not try to get pre-approved for a loan at the amount you want to spend (at the bank). This is a bad time of the year to find a 4x4. They bought them up about Sept / Oct. I found that out last fall when I bought my F-250.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

None of my vehicles have less than 100K. It's been years since I drove something with low miles. Like anything, you need to take care of it.

4. MickiRig1

When I was looking a year ago I found many at near or over 100k. If you can wrench your own stuff 100k is kinda of a mout point. It will have relatively minor stuff to repair. If the engine, transmission and axles are good, repairs are easy. I searched diesel Fords and found many at 80 -> 100k. The Wife went OFF! She did not understand that those miles are nothing for a diesel ! Many people still have the mind set that at 100k the vehicle is done. That's not the case anymore if you can do your own repairs and parts changing.
    You can fix stuff for 1/3 of what a shop would charge. You might find an Old Timer with what your looking for and steal it from him. Just keep looking.

5. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

yeah agree with that.. I got an Astro van at 80,000 miles it still runs now over 100,000. no problems at all and AC still works.

6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

What kind of money are you wanting to spend? I have access to the auction reports for your area. Also need to know what brand you like, or i could search the big 3 if you wide open. Pm me so that i don't miss your responce if you'd like me to do that for you.

7. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

well my 1997 f 350 had 220000 miles on it and could have gotton more out of it had some idiot not cut me off and totaled my truck, and that was a gasoline engine, i bought it new......

8. MickiRig1

If you still want to go with a Dodge they should be easy to find. It's seems to be a rule around here.
    Every Buy Here Pay Here Lot has at least one Dodge 4X4. The midsized SUV's seem to be hitting the lots too. As for pickups, Fords and Chevy's are gone before they can clean them up.