1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need new insurance policy!!!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by vmj, Oct 24, 2012.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Just got a nonrenewel from insurance co... Not covering snow removal anymore... Called a place for quote, Wanted 1600 for 1mil told them had a sub, said it would be 3200 for 1mil!!!! I had a 2mil policy before for 1100.00 wondering if any one can give me a number for a new insurance co.? A couple i called already arnt carrying plow insurance. Thanks

2. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

I use Farmers.

3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I use American Family

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Progressive Ins. is a sponsor on Plowsite.

There is also a new sponsor posting in "The Elements of Business" part of the site here.

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

seen that... it said it was for NY

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, thank's alot, now I need to sell my ATV (the only thing I have insured by Progressive) and spend the money on Palermo's Pizza's and Johnsonville brats..................:laughing:

In all seriousness, look for an insurance broker, not a single company representitive like AmFam, State Farm, etc..... A broker will typically have dozens of different insurance providers to choose from, and be able to give you comparable quotes with providers that specialize in your business niche............

8. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

I use Farm Bureau for everything

9. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Snow Insurance

You need to reach out to a larger independent insurance agency in your area so they can search the marketplace for something affordable for you. A small agent/broker generally does not have the resources to get this done, especially a captive agent (Allstate/State Farm/Farmers, etc). Google Independent Insurance Agents Association and search for an agent in your area. The post is correct, our program is only available in NY. Rates for this class of business have gone up considerably since last year so it may be a bumpy ride. Good luck and whatever you wind up with make sure it does not exclude snow removal!!
    Ben

10. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thank you...