1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need New E-47 A.s.a.p.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bones, Feb 13, 2007.

1. bones

bones Junior Member

Anyone know of a place in or around south jersey i can buy a new pump. Can't get mine working. Don't have time to mess with it any more. I'll get it rebuilt later and use it as a spare. So in the mean time i need to buy a new one A.S.A.P. But don't know where to get one.

Thanks for any help
  2. Budget

Budget Junior Member
    from Pa.

I know Paoli auto has pupmps in stock. Call around you area or look in the phone book.
  3. Big Ben

Big Ben Junior Member

Is it the whole unit that is bad. or is it part of it Motor, pump, cylinder. All are cheap and easy to repare yourself. after market motors are like $80. great until you get the meyer replace with another meyers or rebuilt. The actual pump unit very rarely goes bad but are repareable. or replaceble cheaper than an entire unit. and the Cylinder it self can easily be fixed in about an hour or two. with the Master seal kit($30). and the rest is bolt on stuff solinoids etc... most of the parts are quite cheap and easy to replace. Also most Meyer dealers stock all the parts you need. All of the diagrams and instructions how to do this work is found easily on the net. This option may also be quicker and cheaper that trying to track down an E-47 Unit that is ready to go and doesn't need the above mentioned work.

I was like a fish out of water on Sunday Feb 4, with my E-47 failing at 5:00am on my second lot with 8-12" of snow on the ground. I had a buddy help me out with my customers that had to be plowed. I got the parts monday morning at a local dealer, replaced all of the above mentioned except the actual pump. I was back out to work in no time. I was only out just over $100.
    hope this helps.