1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need new bulb

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mcwlandscaping, Nov 14, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My front passenger side bulb in my lightbar is going out (i think) it doesn't work all the time and ide like to replace it. I see a ton of different bulbs out there and have no idea on what kind to use.....any help? It is a whelen full size strobe lightbar........also, will this even solve the problem or is there something else that is wrong?

thanks
    -mike-

2. J29

J29 Senior Member

If all the others are fine, I would start by replacing the strobe tube. The longer you leave a bad tube in, the worse it is for the power supply. Also, you may want to check and make sure all the wiring is still nice and snug. Those bars do take a lot of vibration. I don't know where you got the bar from, but any place that carries Whelen lighting should have a replacement tube for the Edge series. Make sure there's no moisture in there either Mike, as they can short out the tube when it gets really damp. Those bars carry a lot of power, so just be cautious, you don't want to get zapped. Looking forward to seeing the updated pics of the project. Hope that helps, J.

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

We need the bars exact model number from the bottom and a pic to determine exactly what bulb it is.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

there isn't one at the bottom? we had this problem when we were installing it.... it was determined through whelen after a phone call to be model #9428 whelen edge....that's what i know! hopefully that gets us somewhere!!

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Just a thought too Mike if you run that lightbar, before you go and mess with wires and stuff leave it off and unused for about 5 min or so. The power supply will still have power stored up in it and you will get a nice poke from it. I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE!