1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED msd sheet for bulk salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by andrewlawnrangr, Dec 6, 2010.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

just like the title says

i need a material saftey data sheet for road salt. some where in the paper work must include PA or NJ for supplier been looking around the net.

wondering if anyone can help

thanks a

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

3. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

thank you that will work!!

have a great season!!!
  4. leon

leon Senior Member

salt etc.

Rock salts fine until you find an unexploded blasting cap in it (it happens).

Morton Solar Salt has fewer fines and is less problematic with much less salt dust.:waving::drinkup::sleeping:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I gotta say Morton was JUNK last season........... We had 3 loads delivered and the amount of fines was unreal. Particles were smaller than table salt and VERY dusty, we had serious compaction problems and then in turn very serious flow problems.
  6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I shouldn't have helped you Andrew, you stole my sub! J/K! Good luck with the schools.
  7. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Sure could have used some of that with the blasting caps in it last winter when we got that 2" of ice.....:nod::laughing: