1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Mount Help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Malakas82, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

i have a meyers 7 1/2 plow with an e-47 that i took off my 87 blazer...i need to put it on my 2000 durango 4x4 that has been lifted and has tons of engine work...i cant find a mount anywhere for this plow and when i call the local meyer dealer they cant seem to give me answers...i just got the plow working again but i need to get it mounted before winter hits

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's too much plow for the Durango so your not likely to find much help from a dealer. Being lifted adds a whole new set of issues as well as a stock mount wouldn't likey work correctly anyway.

3. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

it acutally has a 3 in body lift so all stock mounts are still usable, i know they make mounts for the dakota and the durango has the exact same frame...and actually its not too much plow..the truck pushes close to 450hp

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats great it has 450 hp but it doens't mean squat as to the suspension/steering and drivetrain handing/coping with the weight of the plow. :)

5. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

haha..gotcha on that one too buddy...has beefed up suspension all the way around, that front end wont squat for nothing, monster tires and all...i can guarantee i wont have problems with it..ill even post pics of it all if i can get the damn thing mounted..lol

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your going to need a custom made mount at the very least. :nod:

7. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

geez, where the heck would i get that done at...the mount on the blazer was rigged up and welded to the whole frame on that truck..all i have is the a-frame with the plow, the pump, the cylinders, and the lights with the controller, the rest wont come off that truck for nothing

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Who did all the customizing labor on this beefed up/heavily suspended Durango? If it's top notch then they'd be the likely candidate to build you a mount as well.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Well geemmeniys it dog gone sounds like that thar is one fine rig .. I tell you.....

Why not go andend get yer selfa whole diddily darn gee beater plow rig there
    Your guna bust that thar fine 4X 4 pudden a plaw un it..

Well yerr jest Flintstoneing it ta plwa the back wooden lot then get yer self one of tem dar hot meatel glue guns and fabercate yer self one up...

J/K
    What do you intend to plow? Your drive or do you intend to go out and make money?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  10. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

i did all the customizing on the truck myself along with my buddy who runs a racing shop, customizing for looks and horsepower we can do, welding a custom mount..haha..i dont even want to think about it...i need to be out making money, i mow a bunch of duplexes for a friend and my rental properties and this year i can make more cash plowing the driveways also...

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your not going to like what I have to say then....

Ditch it and go get your self a 3/4 ton truck with a 8.8 plow or a Vee blade.
    Put some talll skinny tires on it and throw 800lb in the back and go make your self some money.

other wise it will be more work than it's worth and when your done it will not be a trail rig anymore with that push frame hanging down...

Really I'm sure you did a great job...... on the derango
    but it will not work very well as a plow rig.

ditch it

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't listen to the naysayers. These guys are just jealous, crotchety old women. throw a Dakota mount on there, lower the air pressure in those monster tires enough to get the hinge pins on the mount down to the proper height. You need to do that anyway so you "float" like in the sand. With 450 hp you should be able to plow the 1/4 mile in 18/19 seconds, you can fly though the driveways and maybe find some sub work plowing racetracks and such. Have you thought of adding an N2O system? carry a couple of 255 cb ft tanks will give you the ballast that you need and have enough capacity for you to run a double spray for quite a long period of time. It will increase HP traumatically, that will really help coming off the line with the plow down. That requires monster power so the N2O could really help there. Also if you juice it you could maybe move up to a 8' or 8'6" blade. You neglected to mention one of the critical requirements, did you increase the alternator output? With out a dual battery set up and a high amperage alternator it'll be tough to keep the stereo at full volume, the kickers required a lot of power and the stock charging system could let you down. I don't know why you asked these old ladies for their opinion, they think everything should be 3/4 this and snowprep that, they don't understand profiling is the important thing. I bet you guys look great during lawn season. what do you tow behind that sucker in the summer? I bet i just rips off the line even with a enclosed trailer full of mowers. Can't wait to see pictures.:rolleyes:

13. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yo dog, I'm getting me a 9.2 V and I only have just under 400hp. Maybe we could get you one too? Boss prolly have a mount for that Durango too. I'm sure all those parts weren't cheap, so just go buy a new plow! Junk the dinosaur blade, you obviously don't want to be driving around with that old blade on the bling mobile.

Ok, on a real note, why wouldn't you want to just buy a 3/4 ton and save the monster durango? And wide tires work awesome in snow, :drinkup:

14. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

OK! So you say You beefed up the suspension. you can make HP and make it show quality pretty, but pretty doesn't mean it will hold a plow. What got done to the suspension do beef it up? There are guys on here with lifted trucks and they always get crap about plowing with them. If set up properly and not lifted to the point of being unpractical, it can be done, but usually it's on a full size truck. I don't believe Meyer has a mount for that year Dakota or Duango. I have a 2000 Dakota and no Meyer mount exists for that year. PS. Where are you going to carry ballast weight in a Durango?

15. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

to answer all the questions, im already running NOS on the truck....the thing is i got the plow off my old blazer that completely fell apart, the truck and the plow kit cost me 150..thats it...my buddy took the whole plow and a-frame to his body shop, blasted it down and repainted it for me for free, all i need is to get it mounted thats it

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Dude if you're running a double spray put a vee blade on that sucker for sure:D

17. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

i want to put my freshly painted meyer system on it asap.....i need anyone out there to help me find a mount..even if its another brand..as long as i can put my plow on it i dont care

18. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

3/4 of the lift lits out in the market are the same spring rate as the stock coil that was in there you may think your front end is beefed up with what ever you have in there and the stock tires but i am sure it will squat just the same, i would suggest getting some timbrens or air bags for the front

19. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fyi man the dakota/durango front ends eat front end parts to begin with and have tiny sized tie rod ends and p/s rack not a steering box. this all combines with the bigger tires you run and the hp you have added and will make it a big bang waiting to happen.

then if you factor in the fact you have just the right amount of brakes from the factory to stop the vehicle and a small little payload, its not got any room for all that extra weight on the front end.

face it all the money and time was spent making a show truck not a plow truck. your best bet is get a older beater truck or a decent 1/2 ton truck thats newer.

and keep that suv a suv not a truck its not worth it for your safty and the rest of the people on the roads safty to be overloading the vehicle like that.

20. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Agreed, plus not to mention, you already stated that you are basically going to use it commercially.... Bad Idea, look for an older 1/2 ton or a 3/4 ton and save that thing.... Not to mention, I wouldnt be too sure on the tranny holding up too. Lots of HP dont mean squat if the drive train wont take the force, not to mention, traction.....