1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need More Power - Electrical

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by svt2205, Dec 23, 2008.

1. svt2205

svt2205 Member

Now that my plow is installed on my 07 F150, I'm finding I need some more power. My crappy Ford battery gave out this weekend and now I'm running one with 850 CCA. I'm thinking a larger alternator would do the trick, but not sure what size I need or if I need larger battery cables.

What do you guys suggest and who sells good stuff?

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

larger alternator, and dual battery setup. one battery for the truck, and one battery for the plow.
  3. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

For two batteries they should be hooked up in parallel, in this set up both batteries will be supplying truck and plow and is better than two independent batteries for each
  4. svt2205

svt2205 Member

I didn't think of the 2 battery route. Not sure there's a spot under my hood for the extra. Any suggestions on the alternator upgrade? How many amps?