1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Meyer mount/frame 08 GMC

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by emeraldgreen, Oct 30, 2008.

1. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Need to get a Meyer mount and frame for a new 08 GMC 1500, with plow prep package.
    Will take new or used.
    Thanks,
    Bob

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

EZ-Plus/MDll or express series mount Bob?

3. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Not sure. I think it's EZ mount classic, with the truck side mount that stays in place and the lift frame that's tubular and slides in and out.
    That's what I have on my 01, and would prefer, as I plan not to use but want the ability in case of emergency.
    Thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Unfortunately Bob you won't find an EZ-Classic mount for the new body 1500's because Meyer doesn't make one for that application. You'd have to use an EZ-Plus series mount as that's the only one available.

5. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Would you happen to have one?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'll take a look tomorrow to see for sure...but I don't believe so.

7. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

If I understand the Plus mount system correctly, the blade/pump/lift frame all disconnect as one whole unit. Therefore, I could not hook another blade and A sector to the mount, correct?
    My intent was to have just the mount and frame, so I could hook-up to another blade when one truck goes down, as all trucks are Meyer with same A sector.
    It sounds like that is not possible with this truck.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats correct. In fact, none of your current EZ-classic plows will even work with the EX-Plus series mounting unless you also change all the A-frames over to the EZ-Plus style. Which of course them means you'll have to also change all the truck mounts over to EZ-Plus.

It's your only choice if you want to plow with the '08 and still have all the trucks and blades interchange.

9. kidclan

kidclan Junior Member
    from Pa

chevy gmc

actually i was told that the 17111 meyer classic mount will fit the chevy's and gmc's from 04-09....

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On a 2500/3500 it will, which is what your mount p/n is for...not even close for a 1500 of any year.