1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need meyer headlight measurements

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by badbowtie, Nov 21, 2015.

1. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I have a meyer hoop that somebody has cut the old metal brackets of on both sides for the headlights to mount to. I have the universal truck light headlight kit and 1-1/2- 1/4 inch band to bend and make the new ones. I am running a meyer c 8.5 plow so. I am not sure if anybody has any good pictures or some detailed measurements so I can make these brackets later today or tomorrow.
    Thanks in advance

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Go to the Bing search engine, hit images, then type in Meyer snow plow pics.
    There are pics that your lookin for. prsport

3. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I understand the pictures are there. I am looking for some measurements and reference points so I know the high like laying a straight edge across top of hoop how high are the lights from there up measured to bottom of lights. Also from center of hoop out to the center pin of lights is how far on each side.

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

See if you can get this moved to the Meyer site.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

If you're looking for Meyer Classic Mt Hoop measurements I have couple behind my shop and I can help you out in the morning when the sun is out.

I assume these are the dimensions you're looking for.

hoop.jpg

6. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

Yes that is the measurements I am looking for sure would like to build this and get lights wired this weekend still.

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The height of the light mount varies between the 2 hoops I have.

hoop.jpg

8. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

Okay thanks I did use the 40 wide setup but I ended up even going higher than your 7 because with my plow all the way up it still was not high enough. Then I seen some pictures that looks like maybe depends what plow some use a spacer block to raise light. So I just made my taller and no spacer needed. Know I just have to decide if I should just wire them in like the truck light 80888 manual shows or use relays.

plow lights.jpg

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Wow that hoop sits low........ My Hoops are for "K" series GM's which as we know have frames that are much higher off the ground.

Looks good, nice job.Thumbs Up