1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need location ideas

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by z71plowguy, Jan 7, 2009.

1. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

ok i need help i want more lights i have a led mini responder,6 pack hid-a-ways,dual led deck light,2 dual dash masters in the corners of the rear windows i want more lights and need ideas here to put them (93 chevy k1500 shortbed reg cab)
  2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

front window and grill lights and a traffic advisor
  3. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

i also plan on putting 2 more led dual deck lights in each corner of the windsheild
  4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

You could get some ground effect lighting and put it just under the lip of the cab unless you have running boards then just put them between the running board and body. Put flashers on it and go from there!

There's also some rims you can get that have lights on the rims and they light up pretty cool when your running down the road!
  5. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

trying to keep the truck not lookin like its from the hood lol
  6. Mstrfxit12

Mstrfxit12 Junior Member

This for a plow truck right? Not a fire truck or Police command center? Exactely how many warning lights do you need? Youre pushing snow not saving the world. I have been plowing for ages and it drives me nuts when I'm out plowing with the "disco fever" trucks. LEDS IMO are the best things to come along to plow drivers because of the brightness and limited flashback off the plow or snow. A couple of well placed TIR3's or similar willl be plenty. I'm counting 16 light heads on your truck and you want more? Keep the money in your pocket.
  7. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

well nver enough lights for me and i also plow with idots around my area lol
  8. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

you guys are funny, but i have to agree a few lights to make you visible is enough. how many times do you see acidents with fire ambulance and police vehicles.... lights dont mean ****. people are so dumb and dont pay attention sirens dont even help .wait thats a good idea a siren on my truck HMMMM what about a 60 foot ladder or 500 feet of hose
  9. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I would like to see a video of all these lights in action you know to many lights is over kill and confussing to others
  10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

More lights= more eyes on your truck = mor accidents.

I can't even count how many timed I have almost been hit work as a firefighter on the road or side of the road. Pay attention to the road not the lights.
    And please move over for your emergency responders.
  11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i have 4 corner lights and an amber on top./. Perfect set up. I never run them all at the same time. Different situations when I run them. If i am pulling out of a drive or from behind a builiding I run the rears and the amber. or if I am always going forward cleaning up lanes I just run the amber on top so everyone sees it above the other cars. You dont need that many lights. That is just a waste of money.