1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need lights wiring help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hot_raud, Nov 19, 2003.

1. hot_raud

hot_raud Member

I used Chuck's wiring diagram for the Meyer E-47. That worked out great. Is there any such diagram for wiring the lights?

I could really use the help on the light wiring because the wiring harness I got with the used plow is kind of a mess - and I have no instructions.

Are the plow headlights wired independently from the trucks regular headlights? What about turn signals and parking lights? I have the light switch with the single red illuminating knob. There are 6 wires coming out of the switch . Short Red wire is spliced into a wire with a fuse and appears to plug into the fuse box. Short green wire with a connection tab on the end. plus a black, white, grey and grey with black stripe. These last 4 wires were cut by the previous owner when literally ripping out the wiring. I have the plugs that plug into the lights, but I don't know how to connect them since the color of the wires dont match up. The plugs have 5 wires coming from them - red, yellow, light green, blue and white. Can anyone shed some "light" on this?

Thanks,
    Al

2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

theres a relay when you turn on your head lights the plow lights go on but you also need another switch to enable the relay ill call meyers tommorrow and see if i can get one there right down the street from my house

3. hot_raud

hot_raud Member

4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

oh damb its an old one you might have to wire them dirrect power to switch switch to lights just dont turn the head lights on when plowing plow lights only but ill still call to find out

5. Mac

Mac Member

Here is the wiring diagram for the switch type lighting system. (This is a generic wiring diagram). I drew this up quickly. The system uses a DPDT (double pole, double throw) switch.

plowsite.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  6. hot_raud

hot_raud Member

nice diagram! I'll see if I can get it to work using this...

But, what about turnsignals?

7. Mac

Mac Member

I just use quick splices, or sometimes call wire taps. Just take the plow turn signal wire and splices it to the +12 volt feed for turn signal bulb, do this for the left, right and, parking lights and your done.