1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Lights for Dump Bed

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ford6.9, Mar 21, 2011.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I am looking to install some led's in the bed of my dump truck. Not sure which ones are good but I was thinking of doing like 2 oval 6" style and mount those one the back. For that style does anyone know where to get some good lights at a good price? Or does anyone have a few pictures of how they mounted the lights in their small dump truck?

2. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

Hey there, Some of the 6" ovals if you already have the cut outs would be nice and easy. I use the sound off products and they have some great oval lights that are very bright with a great angle of viewing. And a very good price. even if you dont have the cut outs already. brackets are easy to come by or cut yourself. Like all of the sound off products they have the light sync so if you run a pair of them they flash together in their patterns. Let me know if I can help you with these.

-Mike

3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

[​IMG]

always go round and use a hole saw to cut holes

[​IMG]

4. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

Round is good too, just as easy,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. crazyskier537

crazyskier537 Senior Member
    from NE IL

What light is the first one?

6. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

The first one is a sound off signal gen 2 light, the second is the new gen 3. Both very bright light. In my expierence using both of these the gen 2 seems to have a bit wider veiwing angle.both mount the same way with the gromet or you can even use one of the chrome or black dress rings around them, they both use the same hook ups so they are interchangable. the biggest difference if it matters is the gen 2 light only has 8 patterns, the gen 3 has 16. send me a PM if you need some more information. I may be able to help you out.

7. REDLYNE

REDLYNE Inactive
    from NY

There are a TON of options out there for round or oval warning lights. If you are looking for something that is a step up from the Sound Off products let me know. I can offer great pricing on heavy duty products, from individual lights all the way to complete DOT systems.