1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need lighting help

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by LawnProLandscapes, Dec 12, 2007.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looking for a decent warning light for my 2000 f-350.. ive been looking at the Whelen Guardian 2 Halogen Rotators and am interested in them but dunt know if i want to go with the permanent mount or just the magnetic. you guys think the magnetic mount will hold while driving or should i go with the permanent mount? on sirennet.com they show a short clip in action and i really like the light, and its about all im really willing to spend right now.. whats your thoughts on it?

http://sirennet.com/whel2rotdiam.html

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  2. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

It is a good bright economy light. As far as the mag mount/permant mount thing. the magnets that Whelen uses I believe are rated at 95lb pull, so they are pretty strong. I've had single rotators on my roof using cheap magnets and they have held at 55 mph so I think what Whelen uses are better and will hold. I also like magnetic, especially if its not going to be used year round, you can take it off. Better gas milage that way too.

As far as that video clip, it shows the light up close, so it will be a bit less brighter farther away, none the less a bright light.

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I actually changed the cord on this exact light for a customer tonight, and dang that thing is bright. I'm not usually a fan of rotators, but this thing was incredible! The light will hold for what you need and traveling and such, but don't try doing 85 on the freeway while overtaking an 18 wheeler lol

4. LawnProLandscapes

hahaha yea i figured it would be safe to go up to 55 mph to get from village to village on the state routes and i rarely ever travel on the interstate/thruway with the f-350... plus during the summer months id rather not have the light up there so i think im going to go with the magnetic mounts.. thanks for the help and quick responses guys...

5. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

If you find that you need larger magnets, they are available and easy to upgrade.

6. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

7. LawnProLandscapes

i ended up going with a different light that my local boss dealer had in stock... its an ecco 5135-VM low profile dual rotator, i got to see it in action because all of his plow trucks have the same light on it... i got a deal on it since i bought my plow from him as well...