1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need LED stop light unit to mount on back blade

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by HGT INC., Jan 22, 2010.

1. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

Hello. I have a home made back blade that I want to mount a red LED stop light on. This light would have to have to be in an enclosed system, be LED, have a threaded shaft so I can drill a hole in the blade, slide it through and secure it with a nut. Everything that I have seen slides into a housing for trailers with a rubber gasket..

I have purchased two clear LED back up lights about 2'' X 3'' and I will wire all of this into my seven way. This would be similar to a Back up Buddy, but this won't work out.

If anyone has an idea or knows where to purchase something like this, please get back. Thanks Jerry..

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Try tractor supply. They have a lot of different type of lights. I'd wire it to the 7 round plug on your truck. Post some pics up of your back blade also. And of the break light once you get it done.

3. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

LED stop light

Tried Tractor Supply, Murrays and E-bay, Winder equipment, so far, no luck.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

5. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

check with your local trailer sales/service I have some on my snowmobile trailer that are 1.5" wide and 10" long

6. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

7. Indy

Indy Senior Member

try on here......there are a couple guys that deal in light stuff.......one is clearing out his garage full of stuff.......he probably has a dozen styles to choose from...