1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Insurance info for plowing about 10 driveways

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dss56, Oct 28, 2011.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

If I do any driveways other than my own would it be considered comercial?

Also what does a coverage policy cost for snow plowing other than your own driveway.
    I was just quoted about $1000.00 for a policy General Liability

Live in Boston area what might be the best price and coverage. Company name.

$1K for policy does a # on the profits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  2. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

Not like its going to snow before December *choke*
  3. Turnpike

Turnpike Junior Member
    from Vermont

A couple of years ago I was asked to fill out my insurance coverage update form. I had a tractor for which I would be willing to use to help out about 10-15 people clear snow banks only during large storms. I put this on the formadn my insurance jumped from $500 to $1000 per year. It was not worth it so I called them to advise I was not plowing snow and it was dropped back to $500. My primary course of business was general property maintenance (mostly lawns).

Insurance and a few other fees really make it hard on the small (read that as small as in helping friends/neighbors) business guy. You almost have to go medium business to cover the overhead and make a reasonable profit.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

To the OP don't forget if you plow for money you need to change over your truck insurance to a commercial policy because personal won't cover it.

Turnpike,if you can't even afford insurance to protect yourself your not charging enough for your work.

My commercial insurance is actually cheaper then my personal truck insurance.

when my personal policy expires all my trucks are going business :)
  6. grandview

If its with the same company ,switch it now. As I said you hit something while plowing they won't cover it.

My plow and work trucks are insured with commercial its my personal trucks I am going to switch to the business to get cheaper insurance at the end of there policy
  8. grandview

OK,I thought you were plowing with the one truck.