1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need install instructions for ultra mount. cant download from western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by WheelerandSon, Nov 2, 2009.

1. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Hello everybody.

I need help finding installation instructions for western ultra mount on my 2001 Chevy 2500 HD. Went to Western's site, but can't seem to download instructions available there.

Ryan

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

B&B,

Thanks. It is just what I needed. Hey, is there supposed to be a bar or bracket going across the center to connect the two outer brackets on the truck???

Ryan

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

5. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

cool, i was just making sure. i had this ultra mount on my dodge, and i just bought the chevy. found the mount and wiring for my chevy from a guy here locally. just wanted to make sure i had all the right stuff you know. they only thing that is throwing me off now is that western calls for my truck to have a 3 port isolation module, and the one he sold me is a 4 port, but he assured me it would work for my truck.

ryan

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When looking at new installs Western always recommends using the 3 port since it's the current setup. The 4 ports are now considered as obsolete.

What year is the Chevy? Most years can use either.

7. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

B&B,

My truck is a 2001 2500HD. I bought the mount and the isolation module from a guy who had the same truck but his was a 2004. He told me that he checked with his western dealer and that it would work on my truck. The mount will work, but my western dealer says that they dont think his isolation module will work with my truck.

It is a 4 port isolation module. Here on the numbers on the module itself (not the wiring)

Service PN 27781
    PN 27779 BD 04229

Do any of those numbers mean anything to you?

Let me know.
    RYan

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The Iso will work just fine, it's the headlamp plug in harness's you'll need to change.

9. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

when i put a iso box in my 01 from a 05 all i had to do was switch the high beam pins around to make them work...that was the only issue and i had no problems for 3 years..

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can switch the pins in the current harness's as long as you know how.

11. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

not a clue. all i know is that i am getting mixed info. is it good that the iso mod has the green lable. or do i need the white or yellow one for my 2001?

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Once again, the Iso is fine.

13. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

twice,

iso is fine

14. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

ok ok ok.....i get it. just getting frustrated. mainly with my western dealer who wants to sell me all new stuff when i just got done paying $350 for this stuff. All because i wanted to get out of the POS Sno Way plow i just bought last season and back into a good ole western. i wish it could be as easy as pluggin it all in and being done.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then why go with a Western? They use the most complex plow wiring and p/n system on the planet. Well almost. :D

16. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

I will admit, the western is complex, and the sno way is simple, but just was not happy with the sno way and western has always been reliable for me.