1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need insight on how to mount old fisher speedcast to 1999 ford 7.3 diesel

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cjjudy83, Oct 26, 2011.

1. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

I have a 1999 ford f350 7.3 powerstroke diesel. I have a old fisher speedcast underhood hydrolic system i just picked up from a guy. I need some help on how i would mount this onto my engine. I currently have a meyers e-60 but i want to get away from that electrical system and go with a all hydrolic driven system. From what i have heard its 100% more reliable than my meyers. Its a little project i want to do. Plus it will save the electrical drain on my truck since i also have a buyers 2 cu yard electric spreader. I have all the parts for the system except the pump mounting braket and crank pulley. I mechanicly inclined and can weld.
    Please any help would be greatly appreciated, pics, part numbers, or where to get the parts and how to mount. Thank you
  2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

check with fisher for pump bracket.
  3. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

I bought the pump bracket from the dealer and fabricated my own crank pulley adapter from another motor back when i had the speedcast plow.
  4. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

IIRC, the pump bracket ran about $75 new from the dealer.
  5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Having put central hydraulics in them I will tell you its tight, but if you get it right it will be worth it. I would source a bracket to mount the pump to from a central hydralics manufacturer then modify it. Most of them I have seen and mine move the alternator over away from the center of engine and mount the pump in the space created. Then they run double v belts up from a bolted on crank pulley. The bigger issue is where to mount the cable valve assembly. In the long run it might be better to source the elelctric hydraulic valve setup Fisher used for a few years in the waning years of belt drive systems.
  6. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

Thanks for the info i have a fisher dealer 20 min away they have been in biz for a long time i just needed to know what to ask for so i get it rite the first time thank you all for the info. Let ya know how it all turns out give it about a week or two lol