1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need input on Fisher MM1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jaybsnow, Jan 25, 2012.

1. jaybsnow

jaybsnow Junior Member
    from MA

I have a 2000 silverado 1500 reg cab with a 01' 7.5 ft fisher MM1. Went plowing for the first time with this plow last week and after some time of consistent use I heard some noises coming from what I think may be the motor. It happened a few times in all 4 directions but each time I would stop, let off my control, and then once I moved it again the 'winding' noise is gone. I hesitate to label it a winding noise but its definitely higher pitched and sounds like something isn't right. My headlights seem to dim more than average as well. Fluids are all new. Anyone have any input what this may be? Seems I'll have some down time with this lack of snow we're having this winter

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Was it moving slow when it was making the noise? Are you sure it was doing it when lowering the plow?? The motor doesn't do anything for lowering the blade. What motor do you have on it?

3. jaybsnow

jaybsnow Junior Member
    from MA

It only did it at the beginning of any movement. And it's possible I was mistaken that it occurred on a lowering movement. I am positive it happened lifting and left/right. I'm not familiar with these plows so I have no idea what motor it is. All I know is it says Insta act hydraulic 40 1A 26716 on it.

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Mine was doing the same thing. Any time it made the high pitch sound, the plow would move very slow and lights dimmed more than normal. Let off and hit the button again and it was fine. I replaced a bearing sleeve for the motor and it fixed the problem. The kit comes with the bearing sleeve, shaft seal and 2 o rings.

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/64595.02_070108.pdf