1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need input having problems with new to me plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mtnbktrek, Nov 13, 2014.

1. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

It's a mm2 has 3 plugs (plow to truck). I have no power to fish stick- I checked the fuse it was fine- I tried 3 different fish sticks all the same -no power. One turned on for a second but when I tried to raise it it clicked off and did not turn back on. The headlights work fine. Any ideas? Plow has very little use on it like 1-2 seasons still original edge

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck where you have your 12v ing plugged into. Wiggle that wire.

3. jshocik

jshocik Member

Check the plug the fish-stick plugs into. Push the wires on the harness side into the plastic plug. Also check for a possible broken wire there. One issue with the fish sticks is when people are done plowing, they unplug the controller & put it away, where the joy stick controller is more of a permanent type controller, not unplugged & replugged all the time like the fish sticks.

4. Im-not-guilty

Im-not-guilty Junior Member
    from Maine

Is this a new install??
    Or did it work last year??

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you check the fuse by the isolation module should be a 7.5 amp? Also check all your connections.Make sure all connections are plugged into the isolation module,the solenoid under the hood,and are clean and plugged good on the truck to plow plugs.

6. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

No just bought truck 02chev duramax truck came with plow guy said it worked fine. I bought truck for very cheap needed a trans. Guy was honest about all problems so I believe that it worked. We have a 97 f350 with 2 plug fisher and have same issues once in awhile.

7. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Tried that even cleaned the connection

8. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Checked this - also I have no power at any of the pins on the dash mounted plug

9. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

I did not find a fuse I have to cut some zip ties and look. I cleaned all connectors with qd electrical cleaner they weren't very dirty at all

10. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Cut all zip ties off found 2 fuses on harness on same plug w a cover they were good. Shots an gigs I tried the plow up down left right worked then it shut off n nothing since looks like I'm hunting a bad connection

11. dieselss

Red/yellow supplies power directly from Iso mod.

12. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

for giggles 1st grab both sides of the control harness plugs and wiggle them while another person activates the controller also take the solenoid cover off the insta act and make sure all 6 spade are tight and no bad touching

13. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Got it!!! We bought the truck w bad trans so dropped it at garage had a jasper thrown in. The wire that hooks the 2 batteries I noticed wasn't hooked up- the wire to the solenoid to the battery was hooked up. While correcting the 2 batteries I noticed the solenoid wire was loose on the battery bc the bolt was a hair too long bc the 2nd batt wasn't hooked up. So hooked it up n works fine. Now to troubleshoot the ford w the 2 plug

Thanks guys!

14. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

What's wrong with the ford?

15. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

That plow is older and used heavily I think the plugs truck side and plow side are shot but fisher prob makes you buy the entire harness rather than like just plugs n pigtails. Going to start that guy prob Monday its a mess haven't ran the truck since last year

16. dieselss

17. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

18. dieselss

They sell replacement ends...except the batt cables those are just regular wires.

19. F250/XLS

F250/XLS Senior Member
    from Canada

I have the same problem its the conection under the dashboard,,,, its conected but it also vibrates a little
    I find this very anoying,,,, i will snug them tight and tape both together.