1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need info on VX85

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by chakakan, Jan 21, 2012.

1. chakakan

chakakan Junior Member

Guys I need input.....especially from PLOWGUY43. I have a '99 Dodge 2500 QCSB and wanna install a VX85 but it seems really heavy. What upgrades have been done to the truck for this much weight? I can get a VMD7.5 for a couple hundred less but will spend the $ for the difference if I can figure these issues out.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hi there, I didn't really have to do any upgrades to get it to hold the plow. My trucks front spings were worn when I bought it from being driven too long with blown shocks (originals with 116k miles). I swapped to progressive rate coils from rock auto (rockwell 1714's) and new shocks. With ballast in the bed it holds it fine. I'll get a pic this weekend of it holding the blade up to show you. I drive in full V and have yet to hit the edges.