1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need info on V-box spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HiTECH, Feb 1, 2007.

1. HiTECH

HiTECH Junior Member

I am looking to buy a V-box spreader. I was wanting to know what everyone thought about the Buyers stainless steal 8' Salty Dog spreader
  2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I can't comment on the Buyers unit, however I believe you are wise to look at stainless. Every painted spreader you see is a rust bucket in 2 seasons. We have several Downeaster SS spreaders, and one Hi-way SS the highway is the oldest at 6 years and you can't tell it's been used like it has, a painted spreader would likely have fallen apart by now, unless it was meticulously maintained and cleaned. We run electric motors and have great success with them. They are simple to install, easy to replace, less expensive to replace and one less small engine carb to fight with. Whatever brand you choose Good Luck !!!!