1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need info on Sno Way 6 foot SS Sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by StratfordPusher, Nov 18, 2007.

1. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Hi All, just picked one of these units for the winter, was wondering if I could get some feedback on settings for deflectors and chute openning... and truck speed from present owners ? Any issues or problems ??

Many thanks in advance..

Al

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The salter/sander I am assuming is electric. The deflecters work best all the way up for salting larger lots. Around here we use 100% salt w/prewet. For up there it is a combination I believe. The only issue I have seen is the hinged flaps comming appart on the base of the unit. The little pins work thier way free off the shute and the flaps hang funny. Each flap has two hinges, just something to look out for.

Overall you will be impressed on the salter. You may want to add alittle hight to the 6' for you will have trouble putting a full yard in it. Mine is the deep 8' and at 2yards it is overflowing.

DAFF