1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need info on plowing Co.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Oct 17, 2002.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Has anyone heard of or dealt with Chalmers Snowplowing out of Roslindale Mass. ????? I'm quoting a Rite Aid for them and never heard of them before. Thanks if anyone can help me.:confused:
  2. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

rite aid contracts

I have never heard of that company but I had US maintance call me for a contract for my local Rite Aid. They asked me for a bid and then sent me a contract with fixed prices. The prices weren't even worth getting out of bed for. On top of that I couldn't take any action against them or Rite Aid if no one paid. Don't know if yours is like that, but DEFINITLY read the fine print. I refused the contract and the guy asked me to sign it anyway "so I would be in their system" as a qualified contractor for other jobs and emergency's. I totally passed on it. I've even asked a couple of other guys if they wanted it but just laughed when the saw the prices and terms. Hope this helped.
  3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Chalmers may have accepted the contract for a few sites from US Maint. and now they are trying to find contractors who will plow for peanuts.

This is just a guess....

4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I agree with Chuck....

I would be highly suspicious .... and extremely careful.

My first question to Chalmers would be....

Are you the contractor of record for US Maintenance?

If they say yes.... Run.... don't walk as fast and as far away as you can.

From past posts here US Maintenance doesn't have a very good reputation.