1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need info on installing

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by 97quadcabdually, Nov 24, 2009.

1. 97quadcabdually

97quadcabdually Junior Member

does anyone know where i can get info on installing a hiniker plow on a 2000 ford excursion? like a diagram of something like that?

2. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

3. caseyret

caseyret Junior Member

Did you have nay luck finding details on the mount and stuff? Curious on the price you paid. I am trying to mount an 8' C Plow (8801) on mine (2001 Ford Excursion Diesel) and calling Hiniker in the morning.

4. Roger201

Roger201 Junior Member

i got it off craiglist 450 for ,my excursion

5. caseyret

caseyret Junior Member

Ended up at the dealer, 575. One on eBay now but missing all the bolts.hopefully will have installed this weekend. Post pics if you can.

6. Roger201

Roger201 Junior Member

i iwll take a pic today it was a pain in the butt

7. caseyret

caseyret Junior Member

Was interesting talking with Hiniker. Emailed over weekend and they told me I couldn't put plow on my truck. Called on Monday and another said yes and use mount such and such and no ballast needed. Local dealer confirmed mount and stuff. Anyway, will be installing Friday/Saturday - hope all goes well.

8. Roger201

Roger201 Junior Member

get ready for a long day it took me 6 to 8 hours by my self

9. Roger201

Roger201 Junior Member

my excurison a 2003

10. Roger201

Roger201 Junior Member

so how did it go

11. caseyret

caseyret Junior Member

Wow! After 14 hours - its on. For starters, the mount took me a good 8 hours. Then another 2-3 hours of fine tuning - air dam shroud, running the wires cleanly - I am a neat freak so might have exaggerated hom much time it really took. Then, installed plow and squatted truck so bad, ordered Air Lift 5000 airbags and PRESTO. Ready for the first snowfall.

Put a Hiniker 8' C Plow on it - 800lbs.

Will let you know how it goes.

12. Roger201

Roger201 Junior Member

yea it was a pain in the buttim truck didnt sage what so ever