1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Ideas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by AC2717, Aug 1, 2009.

1. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

I went out to move my plow last night, just to make sure everything was working, all this talk on the forum has made me get the bug early. I went to go hook it up and found that it has dropped down the stand. took it off the truck at mount hight but now only sitting 5 inches off the ground. I was going to try and jack the back of it up to line it up with the truck mount, but I am thinking that I would have to jack the whole thing up becuase if only do the back then it would be at an angle and not line up, needs to come up about another 5 inches. It is a FIsher MM2. I had blocks on it to hold it in place but one of them is misteriously missing.

So I need ideas on what to do to get this line up so I can pick it up. Will jacking up the "A Frame," hooking up the wiring and then picking up the plow with the pump, as if it was connected to the truck in use, do the trick

Thank you

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Just jack up the back. Go a little higher than the truck, and reset the jack stand. Tip the headgear so it is plumb, and mount up as typical.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Just get in front of it and pull it over. It will balance real easy and drop the jack Or you could use a florr jack

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Put it on some thick wood so it won't sink !!

5. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

ya put it on wood or in you have space store it inside

but depending on what you have your hands on use an engine lift and lift it all up at once ya the lift will sink but not too bad then clean it up when your done

or just jack the back get it some what hooked on then put the jack under the blade and lift it more and push it in

6. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Tried

Tried to jack it up yesterday afternoon before the rain. It did not sink or anything because I have it blocked up, or had it blocked up, but like I was saying one of the blocks on the backside went misteriously missing. It ended up just dropping all the way down the jack stand, now the A-Frame is pretty much sitting on the ground. All I had on me was my trucks bottle jack, I need to go get my pump because I have very little clearence to get anything under it. Please keep the ideas coming. I got it just about lined up last night, but when I went to push the headgear back it slipped out and fell oll the way down. Got to be an easy way to do this??

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A floor jack is the best way.