1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need ideas on what to get..

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jerseydrew, Sep 13, 2013.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

right now i have a chevy 1500 with western HTS plow. i want to get something else to drive on a daily basis and want to move away from pickup truck. that being said i have my old snow blower but my driveway is a PITA to clear with it and takes hours. so a snow blower is not the answer for me. is there anything you guys can think of that is not either of these choices? i don't want a jeep and do not want a pickup again. maybe one of those UTV's? my drive is 250 feet 3 car wide at bottom and 2 car wide at top with a HEALTHY incline.
  2. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

Im sure that we can all come up with some good ideas, but I would need to know one thing. What's your budget?
  3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

cheaper is always better but under $10k for completely new setup.
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

How about something like a Yukon or a Tahoe? Unless you are trying to get out of a bigger vehicle altogether. You can find smaller ag type tractors for under 10k and they're handy if you have a good sized piece of property.
  5. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Why not use one of those homeowner plows like a Snow Bear or something like that? I believe you can put them on almost anything. The only downside is that you have to manually turn the plow as it doesn't have hydraulics.
  6. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I would offer suggestions but your post is a little confusing.

You say you want to get away from a pickup and have somthing more reasonable as a daily driver, but then mention getting a utv to plow. So do you want to make one purchase or two?
  7. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

the truck would be traded for something else. then i still have my snow problem.
  8. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

Looks like you want an ATV with a plow of some sort, cause a UTV would be out of your budget. Maybe a 5' cycle country or something like that. Ive also read good things about moose plows. Oh and Boss just came out with a new hydraulic atv plow that looks amazing! I really want to get one in the next year or so! Its pricy though.

I would suggest buying a used Yamaha or Honda. Liquid cooled is best for doing work, and 4x4 is a must have.
  9. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

buy a cap for the back of your pickup bed i wouldn't downgrade if i was you