1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Grandad, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

I bought a Western V plow that came off a 2001 2500HD truck I got every thing with it uncluding the unimount. I just bought a 1990 Chevy 2500, What do I need to make this work, and I have another problem were the Joystick plugs in to all the wires came out and I have to figure out witch holes they have to go back in to, Am sorry I no nothing about plows just trying to get ready for ice fishing any help would be Great. Thanks

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

you need different wiring and a different mount

3. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

Can't I just splice every thing, Its just for plowing on the ice. all I really care about is that is goes up and down,

I kind of figured my mount wouldn't work, But I thought I could make the wiring work.

Any body looking to trade a 90 mount for a 2001 mount ?

Anyone know from what year to what year of mount I should be looking for?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

yes i pretty sure you can do some splicing and get the wiring to work it's really nothing complicated. you might need some different headlight ends. i not sure what the 01 headlight plug in looks like but i'm pretty sure you'll be able to get that harness to work. who know maybe your mount will work with some fabing. its amazing what some members do to get their mounts to work. if you want to trade your mount i would ask got-h2o if he might have it or would want to trade. if you need wiring help B&B has been very helpful to me and many other members. good luck

5. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

Cool thank you very much JD, That would be nice if I can get my mount to work, Its kind of funny I don't know anything about plows and when I bought this plow, I just figure unimount meant I would work on any truck, at least I find it funny. I found out last year that a strait blade does not cut the mustard trying to plow roads on the ice.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

7. Grandad

Grandad Junior Member

That is so awsome Thank you Crash