1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bigrd6489, Jun 29, 2009.

1. bigrd6489

bigrd6489 Junior Member

i have a 94 Chevy 1500 and i found a fisher mm plow setup on-line for sale. the plow i found came off of a 93 Chevy 1500. I was looking on the fisher web site and the installation guide say to remove a spacer block from the push plates. So my question is for my 94 Chevy do i need these spacers or no

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Where do the spacers go? Your push plates need to be 29 1/8 inches center to center.

3. bigrd6489

bigrd6489 Junior Member

If you go to http://fisherplows.com/pdf/29043.03_011509.pdf on page 4 after step 2 there is a drawing that shows a push plate and there is a caption that reads "Remove Spacer Bar Blocks 88-93 Vehicles Only". my question was are these blocks needed for my 94 chevy

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It looks like you need them to me. Can you see where they were removed for the installation on the 93? I'll look at my 95 Tahoe in the morning and see if they are on.

5. bigrd6489

bigrd6489 Junior Member

i haven't buy it yet i thought i would get some advice first

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is it an electric pump system? I would buy it if the price is right. Just weld some spacers on if you need them. Or, buy new push plates and resell the ones that come with it. What year is the plow, condition, price?

7. bigrd6489

bigrd6489 Junior Member

i seen it on craig'slist but i can't find it now the price was good it was the hole thing everything with it

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hopefully you can find it again or they will re-post it. As far as Fisher MM plows you consider in the future go, they are all the same off truck (Blade/headgear), so if you get a real good deal, go for it. You might have to buy some truck side stuff, but you can usually hunt around and find what you need. Sell or swap the parts you don't use. Just be careful with an engine driven hydraulic. You might not be able to get a pump bracket to fit your truck.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  9. bigrd6489

bigrd6489 Junior Member

ya so think i need those spacers or jimmy-rig something to fit