1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by willie dexter, Jan 15, 2009.

1. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

does anyone know if there is a good place on here to purchase a controller for my snow ex 1075? i fought this thing all night and im ready to blow it up. i think its the controller,when i turn it on, everything will light up and then i here a click in the controller and everything but the power light will go out. the spinner is not jammed up. any help would be great. thanks,willie

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Dude you can build one for about 50 bucks........

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

is the click posibly a circuit breaker tripping can you unplug the the spreader will it still happen

JR

4. strube

strube Junior Member

Hey willie i have the same salter i would try bypassing the controller to see if the motor is fine.If the motor works get an electrical tester and test for power coming out of controller then on both sides of the plug where salter hooks to the truck.I had similar a problem but my controller had the lights flashing it ended up being a bad plug.

5. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

well i found the 30 amp inline fuse was melted but not seperated.that was not alowing full power into the box. i put a new fuse in and everthing work normal for now. still have to get out and spin the disc sometimes, but thats always been the norm. what a shame to have a product this nice and have problems with it so much. anyway, thanks guys for the input. willie

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Willie
    The controller is the weak link in any snowex spreader. Do yourself a favor and call Bob at Karrier Company in Ohio. You can google his company and find his number. He is a controller wizard.

Good Luck Mike

7. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

you think it will make a big difference?

8. Check omega. Half the price with all the functions