1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by eriic1977, Dec 16, 2002.

1. eriic1977

eriic1977 Junior Member

Hi Everyone,
    I think this website is cool a lot of great info. I have a 1983 K10 and I have had it sence I was 16 and I am 25 now. It has a 305 with a manual 4-speed and 308 gears but it does has some power believe it or not but I think that is only due to the transmission being so low geared but I am not sure. I have a problem with the holes from the transmission to the hogs head. They are stripped out and I am not sure if I should get them retapped or can I get a steel hogs head and if I can where can I get one ? I haven't had the four bolts in it for about five years and I think it is time I get it fixed. I would appericiate any help I can get. I also was thinking about jacking the truck up but I would like to see a pic of a 1973-1987 chevy K10 wit a 6" lift with 33" tires so I can see if it will look right you can e-mail me pics at
    eriic1977@stjoelive.com

thanks for any help you can give.....................................

2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

hogs head?
    if your talking about the bellhousing, take it to a local welding shop and have the holes closed up a bit and retapped. or just get a new/used one.

3. marty1mc

marty1mc Junior Member

FYI, I have 33" tires on my 85 4x4 and it doesn't have any lift. Looks real good too! 33" is the largest tire you can put on without lifting it.

4. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

If you just want the Tires For Looks the 33"s should work stock but if you plan on doing any wheeling w/ the truck they will rub when the truck flexes.

5. marty1mc

marty1mc Junior Member

I take my truck in the mud and off road alot with no problems. I'll give you the wheely problem, but then again, I like my truck.