1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mike33087, Dec 16, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

brand new MM2 9' HD angles fine left and right but will only raise about 2 inches off the ground. worked fine for the last two weeks until today.... it sounds like it wants to go up but it wont.... i checked the fluid and its where it should be...... any ideas

2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Ranch hand says trans fluid is no good for plow pumps.
    Thats why iv decided to flush and fill my trans w/ anti-ice Boss fluid .
    Will post results after first push

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

How does that solve his problem? Even using ATF, i don't think that alone would cause his problem.....

I talked to you earlier and couldn't help much, but, here is the link to the mechanics guide i was telling you about.....
    http://fisherplows.com/pdf/27179_070001.pdf

-mike-

4. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

thanks mike..........

yea not too sure what ATF has to do with my question but w/e lol

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure the pich up tube in the resivoir didn't fall off,it was a problem a few years back(i see yours is new)but those were the exact symptoms.

6. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

It is possible you have a faulty solenoid. Can you rig up a test light to the + and - at the pump and observe from it from cab. If the light goes out before you let off the lift then you should suspect the solenoid is arcing or overheating.