1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help !!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by newlooklandscp, Oct 22, 2007.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Ok guys Im looking into electric tailgate spreaders for my New F350 Dump Truck. Ive come across a few but cant make a decision so any help would be great. Sorry for it being long but Im lost ....

#1) Downeaster Tailgate: Pros are the price about 4100 shipped, nice unit, really easy to install whcih I can do. Cons are the auger is only 4.5 to 5' wide, no dealers locally, and the spinner is really high of the ground which Im affraid we might be nailing cars in some of the condo complexes. Havent heard of any other problems otherwise.

#2) Snowex SP2400: Pros are spinner is lower to the ground like a normal tailgate, I assume the auger is the full width, the price is about 4500 installed which needs fabrication and there is a local dealer. Cons is its a snowex, brand new, and yellow.

#3) Truckcraft TC-140: Pros are the auger is the full width of the bed, spinner is normal height like other tailgates, easy installation, and local dealers. Cons I hear bad things about the controller issue and the price is super high 5700.00 + tax.

and finally

#4) Truckcraft TC-160 lightning: Pros Acts just like a central hydraulic tailgate but electric and about the same as the TC-140. Cons the controller again, its new, and it is about 5500.00 + tax

so many options, I not running central hydraulics or a POS vbox that is all I know.

TIA, Ken

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

bump it up

wow im bored n drunk plowsite:drinkup:

3. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

come on guys ... no one has any input on this? lovely

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

All i can say is a buddy has the snowex and likes it.

Bossman

5. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

well thats one good sign. not sure if I like snowex just becuz ....

6. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Tailgate model I'd go with the Snow-Ex sand pro 1875, it'll do bagged as well as bulk. It also has a shaker and an auger. V-box poly Western Tornado after the retro fit they worked very well.

7. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

sorry but that wont work, im spreading 4-6 tons a night out of that truck along in bulk. little tailgate wont cut it. Vbox or one of the electric undertailgate .... come on guys help

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i have been lookin too i am just about ready to buy a buyers stainless from angelos-supplies for $1799 or painted for $1450 yes they are replacement tailgate spreaders i don't want electric

9. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

powerjoke,

thanks, replied to your other post. if you have hyrdo stay with it, my buddies are awesome I just dont want to drop them into an 01 F350 dump. just looking for info on the electric undertailgate spreader before i buy one of the above.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  10. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I can understand not wanting the tailgate model, but the Western tornados do work well. I've owned 4 of the Snow Ex v-box's, they were pure junk They have done a re-design now but once bitten twice shy. FYI, I use have three of the Western's and they spread about twelve tons ea per night deicing