1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ny plow guy, Feb 27, 2007.

1. ny plow guy

ny plow guy Junior Member

hi all we have a boss sport plow on a 2002 dodge dakota, when you angle the plow it causes the radio to turn off then back on, i have changed the motor on the plow, changed the relay for the controler, changed the keyed ign fuse location, nothing i do will correct this problem its driving me and the folks at boss crazy any one have any ideas ????

thanks

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Does it dim the lights also?? If it does, sounds like weak battery or alternator to me, those "pros" at Autozone can check it out for ya.............

When I plow continuesly with the fan on high, strobes and radio going, my lights will start to dim when moving the plow - I just shut the fan off and the battery catches up sorta quick - it's a 05 truck but no idea if a heavy duty alternator or not.......

3. ny plow guy

ny plow guy Junior Member

changed the battery changed the alternator still does the same thing lights dont dim just the radio goes dodge says if it drops to 10 volts radio will cut out 9.6 volts dash lights start to flash