1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Kosty, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Kosty

Kosty Member

I put in a dozen bids in last month and no one has come back to me i got 3 small commerical lots which are just for pushing and they will call if they want salt. Is it to late to find some more commerical accounts. Is it better to just call then going to each place. Im kinda stuck on what to do this year just sell out and move on to something else or stick with it. I kinda dont know what to do. Need some advice

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Hard to start out..

Do your three contracts, and tire to be a sub for someone, slowly get more contracts and take on less sub work.

thats only advice I have.

3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Around here in Indianapolis Indiana we have got a few calls.But this year everyone is reall dragging there feet.Some people will say its to late to get commericial.Your big commercial is already locked up but there are still contracts out there not sighned.Canvas your area write down business names and phone numbers go to the office call them up and ask them if they are excepting snow removal bids.This happens to me this way every year I get a few bids back then the first snow falls the phone lights up and starts ringing off the hook hey there Brad we have had this contract signed for weeks we need to get it to you:rolleyes: Also the snow needs removed today.payup

Stick with it man
    RCGM
    Brad