1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pjslawncare, Dec 6, 2005.

1. pjslawncare

pjslawncare Member

I have an older myers plow on my F-250 that I hooked up today but it wont lift or turn. I can hear the motor turn but hydrolics arent mooving. Fluid level is up. Was working fine last year. Where should I start. Im a good mechanic, but not real familiar with plows

2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

you might have a stuck valve or coil, I like to give everything that tap and wiggle test when its not working. Im not that sure on how to fix the stuck valve, I think you need to take the valve body off but I could be mistaken. Last time it happened to me on my old Meyer was a few years ago after I had just had the plow serviced so they took care of it for me in the middle of a storm

3. pjslawncare

pjslawncare Member

Thanks for the info Rob. May very well be the valve. Its been sitting all summer. Anyone have tips on fixing the valve? Never had one apart yet :blush2:

4. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I didnt repair mine myself, I think you should just replace it and not try cleaning it. Maybe if you do a search someone did a write up on it?

5. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

did you change your fluid this fall. its been cold lately and old fluid tends to get water in it and freeze. might just need warmed up and fluid changed.