1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Cooters Dodge, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

I've been invited to bid on snow removal of 7 storage facilites. Each storage facility has seven rows of storage bends with a total of 8 plowable roads of about 80 yards each that either need to be salted or plowed. I need to come up with a bid for this but I'm very green at snow removal buisness. Need help with pricing. Two facilities I have limited areas to put the snow so I would use my skidloader for maneurverability purposes. I know this is limited info, but if you all could share how you all bid or price jobs.
  2. mole

mole Senior Member

did the last guy have to remove the snow?. are there anything blocking where you can put the snow. Reason why I am asking is I was asked to bid on the same kind of location where I keep my lawn stuff. there is hardly anywhere you can run the snow off to and pile. If you get hit hard with a couple of big storms your going to be out of room and your going to have to haul it out. Sometime these storage places are a pita if you know what I mean. I passed on mine, That was the best decision I have ever made. I would ask a lot of questions first also talk to people who store there to see what happened last year. Or put a haul agreement in your contract where you won't get hurt. I know if you do a search in this forum you will probably find one
  3. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Make sure you meet with the property manager and find out specifically what he wants. Do not assume you are just clearing the lanes and driveway. If you have to clear every opening, it could be endless. I also always ask what happened with the last snow contractor. If they change contractors every year, that is not a good sign. They may be looking for "green" operators to torture, knowing that you are more willing to put in the extra effort as you start up. Also beware people promising another mountain of business if this single contract is successful.
  4. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

Thanks for response two of the facilities are tight and have two small areas to put the snow. I just don't know how to price them