1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rock009, Mar 2, 2014.

1. rock009

rock009 Junior Member

I have an f350 with a western ultra mount 2001 plow I was plowing the other day and it was working fine then it just died in the up position. I thought it was the solenoid so I changed it along with the harness,the plug ends the joy stick still can't get it to work .Dose anybody know what else I can do
  2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

3. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

It's not the same, but anytime I've had problems with my MVP, it's been the wiring in the handheld controller itself.
    I changed controllers this year because the plow would sporadically stop working many times during a single plow. Switched over to a spare controller, and the plow works fine.
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

What exactly is it doing? Does it make any noise at all? Does the controller backlight come on? Did u check the basics like fuses and grill plugs?
    More detail would help. St. or MVP? How many plugs in isolation module, 3 or 4? Or does it have two grill plugs and relays?
  5. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

Will it go down? Can you hear solenoid clicking when you press up left or right? Like said above. It could be a controller issue. I have a wire problem in my controller that causes the plow to not move every once in a while