1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by b-rock, Oct 19, 2011.

1. b-rock

b-rock Junior Member

I recieved a fixed fee report from BFS (Brickman Facility Solutions) on a 6 acre lot. It seems kind of low to me. Has anyone worked with this company before? Also what do you think about not being able to bid on the lot, cause they give you the price...:confused:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Type in Brickman in the search and enjoy.

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

What was the Price??????

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I guess we need to know where and what it is and how much.

5. Matson Snow

Im guessing....6 acres = Lowes and the Price...$450 per push

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I guess he didn't need that much help :confused:You would think these maint. companies would do a little bit more research into the companies they hire. We work for one and we needed to fill out all kinds of paper work and verify everything. I guess my point is it seems they keep giving these accounts to guys who either don't have the experience or the equipment and hope for the best.

7. b-rock

b-rock Junior Member

It is lowes and its located in central PA. They didnt give me a per push, just x amount of dollars per month. The price sounds great if it doesn't snow alot!!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Get in your truck and smoke the rear tires in the opposite direction of that job.

9. Matson Snow

What was the per-month Price???????

10. b-rock

b-rock Junior Member

it was broken down over 6 months. from Nov to Apr.

11. b-rock

b-rock Junior Member

the annual total was around 15K

12. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

Rrrrrrrrrruuuunnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

13. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

With salt?

14. b-rock

b-rock Junior Member

Thanx for the help everyone. Gonna see if they will double that price...doubt it!!! Thats the only way I will do it.

15. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

double it and ask for deposit and payments on the 1st of every month. Do yourself a favor and read the threads about brickman not paying. People go under because of **** like this.

16. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Lowes...

Thats about half of where it should be...Price includes sidewalks and salting. Daytime servicing throughout storm as well....

17. b-rock

b-rock Junior Member

Hey TGS, thats what i figured. It should be around 30k. They want it plowed every 2 inches throughout the storm. Shovel inside the cart racks, sidewalks oly done once until the store is open, then the lowes employees will shovel and salt as needed.